In what ways do you and those around you show patience?
- A mother showing patience day in and day out as her small children make messes, require attention and as she completes the never ending household duties of laundry, shopping, cooking and cleaning.
- A friend listening, gently asking questions even though he has advice, because he knows his struggling or hurting friend cannot hear it a this time.
- Waiting for an elderly man or woman to cross the street without inching your car forward.
- Allowing others the time and space to grow without rushing them towards our agenda.
- Not requesting or requiring more of people than they can do/give
- Waiting for those who are slower than me
- Explaining things a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time – even if you feel 1st time should have been enough
- Taking a breath and cooling off before responding to someone who is pushing your buttons
- Allowing yourself and others room to make mistakes and even to fail – realizing that when you take risks and if you are alive, you will make mistakes
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could gain patience quickly… but often it comes through trials and having to wait on difficult people…